Friday, January 29, 2016

See Through Christians

Hey Guys! Here is a post that God has just placed on my heart this past week. Hope y'all enjoy! -Maddie



Colossians 3:17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

People often call my church the "See Through Church" because there are Windows on both sides of the sanctuary and you can see all the way through one side to the other. That is exactly how we as Christians should be. See Through. When people look at us, they see Christ. 
However, most times this is not the case. Unfortunately it's also not often the case even with Christians. Instead of seeing Christ, people will see anger, judgment, fear, self righteousness, and hypocrisy. I don't know about you, but that is not how I want to be seen, and not how I want people to see God.

Our goal as Christians is NOT to act like other Christians, but to act like Jesus Christ. 

Yes, that means being different. But that's kinda the point. 

I would rather stand by God and be judged my the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God. 

Colossians 3:12Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Think about if people could see your thoughts, your heart, and your soul. Would they see compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, & patience? I pray that I'm a "See Through" Christian. So that when people see me, they see Jesus Christ. 

Psalm 34:5Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”

When we follow Christ, we don't have to be ashamed. God sees us as radiant when we look to Him! 

Romans 13:14aRather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ

As we go along with our normal daily lives, join me in striving to be a "See Through" Christian. One who portrays God in all we say and do. 

Don't just talk about Christ. Be like Christ. The world needs less Christians talking about their faith and more people living it out daily in front of them.


 *Don't forget to subscribe by email to be notified whenever we post (top left hand corner of blog)*

Also guys, one of my friends, Abby-Lynn, has just started a blog! She is such a strong woman of God who continually encourages me and lifts me up in Christ. Here is the link to her first blog post: http://liveunstained.blogspot.com/2016/01/finging-thankfullness-in-tedious.html?m=1

2 comments:

  1. I love this it's a great blog that a lot of Christians need to read this. I hope that we may all become see through Christians. I pray that God continues to bless you two girls y'all are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means so much to hear that! 💜 God Bless -Maddie

      Delete